Questions to Ask a Childcare Provider
June 11, 2015
Use these questions to guide your search for a great childcare provider:
About the Provider
- How long have you been in business?
- Do you have a current license?
- Do you have other credentials?
- Can I contact some references?
- How many children do you care for at one time?
- How flexible are you with pickup and drop-off times?
- What are the fees?
- How and when will you bill us?
What is the caregiver-child ratio?
Activities and Play
- What activities do you like to do with the children?
- What will my child be doing on any given day? Is there a schedule
- Do you have a childproof indoor and/or safe outdoor play area?
Do you let kids watch television?
Food and Sleep
- Do you provide breakfast, lunch, and/or snack?
- Do you feed babies on demand or on a schedule?
- What can I pack for my child?
- What is the sleeping schedule?
Wherever you chose to leave your child while you can’t be with them, make sure you feel at ease. If there is any doubt in your mind then it probably isn’t a good match for you. As long as you feel comfortable and know your child is safe then you are ready to enjoy some kid free time!
Related blog posts
Top Parenting News: CDC Predicts Bad Flu Season; Dismantling Obamacare; Crowdfunding to Help Maternity Leave Problem and More