Occupation: Beahavioral Specialist I
Have been professionally trained in Child Care Services and have been working in Child Care for the past two years. I currently work at Ryther a Child Care program in North Seattle and work in childrens mental health.
Ryther is a recognized leader in behavioral health services for children and their families facing complex challenges. My job is dedicated to providing comprehensive services and innovative treatments. I guide, coach, and teach so that every child and family I work with may experience new ways of thinking and develop positive relationships.
With a professional background seeking to work with children as a nanny/Babysitter
Daily duties consist of the following:
-Waking our clients in the morning
-Providing structred living expectations and teaching how to keep a clean room and hygiene
- Preparing meals
-Taking clients to appointments
- Provide a safe space and opportunity to our children
-Provide a consistent therapeutic milieu through direct care and supervision of residents
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
1. Ensure the integrity and consistency of the program structure and routines.
2. Plan and direct all daily program activities. Provide direct, consistent supervision to teach residents
skills necessary to function within a family and the community.
3. Assist residents to gain the skills to live in a less restrictive setting.
4. Maintain appropriate personal and professional boundaries and awareness in regards to residents,
families, co-workers, and community resources, etc...
5. Consistently role model appropriate behaviors, emotions, and communication skills, i.e., anger
management, conflict resolution, and problem solving skills.
6. Utilize verbal de-escalation skills during crisis intervention to include Emotional First Aid and other
TCI-approved verbal de-escalation techniques.
7. Utilize approved behavior management techniques including use of de-escalation room and passive
physical restraint when de-escalation and/or physical intervention is necessary for crisis
8. Participate in treatment planning meetings (multi-disciplinary teams) to develop treatment plans for
9. Aid clients in reaching goals and objectives as outlined by milieu program, individual treatment plans,
behavior management plans, and individualized treatment programs through therapeutic
10. Approach families in a manner consistent with agency and program philosophy, treatment plans,
placement plans, and individual treatment programs.
11. Complete and maintain all required documentation pertaining to residents, i.e., daily logs, medication
reports, restraint records, incident reports, etc.
12. Utilize agency policies when responding to emergencies.
13. Perform bedroom checks during evening and overnight shifts at random intervals no more than 20
minutes apart (9:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m.) or as directed by supervisor.
15. Promote effective team work, cooperation and communication among program personnel.
16. Participate in in-house orientation and training sessions to increase professional ability at a minimum
of 30 hours per year.
17. Seek and/or utilize feedback provided by supervisors for professional development.
18. Maintain a safe environment by reporting facility safety concerns to appropriate staff.
19. Maintain all necessary credentials per agency and licensing requirements.
20. Demonstrate a high degree of skill in communication and positive interaction with all Ryther
employees, prospective employees, external agencies/companies, and the community at large.
21. Perform all other duties as assigned.