Questions to Ask a Childcare Providerby Danica T • June 11, 2015
Use these questions to guide your search for a great childcare provider:
About the Provider
- How long have you been in business?
- Do you have a current license?
- Do you have other credentials?
- Can I contact some references?
- How many children do you care for at one time?
- How flexible are you with pickup and drop-off times?
- What are the fees?
- How and when will you bill us?
- What is the caregiver-child ratio?
- What activities do you like to do with the children?
- What will my child be doing on any given day? Is there a schedule
- Do you have a childproof indoor and/or safe outdoor play area?
- Do you let kids watch television?
- Do you provide breakfast, lunch, and/or snack?
- Do you feed babies on demand or on a schedule?
- What can I pack for my child?
- What is the sleeping schedule?